Discussion #7: Where should we place the blame for the Great Depression?
Where should we place the blame? Economists believe the Great Depression was caused by the weaknesses in the 1920s economy, but the person whose name will be forever linked to the depression is President Herbert Hoover. Personally blaming him for the crisis, Americans started to call the shantytowns set up by unemployed people “Hoovervilles.”
In order to prepare for this discussion forum: line-height:
- Review and identify the relevant sections of Chapter 25 that address these topics and support your discussion.
- Read the linked essay DEBATING THE PAST: CAUSES OF THE GREAT DEPRESSION: Where Historians Disagree
- Read America’s Great Depression: www.amatecon.com/gd/gdcandc.html
- Read Digital History: Sections Why it Happened to President Hoover http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/teachers/lesson_plans/pdfs/unit9.pdf
After you have completed your readings post your response to only ONE of the following questions.
- Hoover’s presidency will be forever shadowed by the Great Depression. Is it fair to blame Hoover’s actions or inaction for the Great Depression?
- Should we compare Presidents Hoover and President Roosevelt’s attempts to deal with the depression?
Our order form provides entries for your order information such as the deadline, number of pages or words required, the level of assignment, and the subject area. Kindly provide your writer with as much information as you deem necessary for maximum output. Once you confirm that all the necessary details are presented, confirm the quotation and continue.
Proceed to checkout and complete payment for your order. The assigned writer will receive a notification and begin working on your assignment immediately. We do not reveal your personal details to anyone.
All our writers are highly skilled in various fields. We have a library of resources that are put in to developing your essays during the writing process. You can keep track of the progress by chatting with the writer or support.
Login to your account and click ‘completed’ tab on the left to download your paper.