Part 1: The Bill of Rights:
- Explain why the Anti-federalists pushed for the Bill of Rights to be included in the US Constitution. What reasons did they cite as necessary in response to the desire of Federalists to create a strong central government?
- Next, explain some of the civil liberties that were included and established individual freedoms for Americans. This website may be helpful: Bill of Rights of the United State of America (1791)
- Finally, explain how the Supreme Court has expanded civil liberties in the U.S. since the creation of the Bill of Rights. Include in your discussion the role of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. Explain the balance of power between the individual and the government as interpreted by the Supreme Court and illustrated in the cases within your textbook. Please refer to at least 3 cases. (For example; Gideon vs Wainright, Miranda v Arizona, Lemon v Kurtzman, Engel vs Vitale, Texas vs Johnson, Griswold v Connecticut and Roe v Wade.)
Part 2: Analyze these civil liberties in two important areas of controversy today.
- First, as it pertains to national security, analyze the pros and cons of expanding government surveillance and give me your verdict on whether we should decrease civil liberties in the name of national security.
- Next, when it comes to freedom of speech, do you believe the free speech clause of the US Constitution grants corporations the right to unlimited campaign contributions to politicians? Analyze the pros and cons.
Your essay should be between 500 and 600 words, double-spaced and in APA format, with parenthetical citations and a Reference List. A cover page is not necessary.
Our order form provides entries for your order information such as the deadline, number of pages or words required, the level of assignment, and the subject area. Kindly provide your writer with as much information as you deem necessary for maximum output. Once you confirm that all the necessary details are presented, confirm the quotation and continue.
Proceed to checkout and complete payment for your order. The assigned writer will receive a notification and begin working on your assignment immediately. We do not reveal your personal details to anyone.
All our writers are highly skilled in various fields. We have a library of resources that are put in to developing your essays during the writing process. You can keep track of the progress by chatting with the writer or support.
Login to your account and click ‘completed’ tab on the left to download your paper.