Part II – S Corporation Memo (100 points total).
Jones and Turner are interested in possibly changing the structure of their business to an S Corporation and would like to know more about this entity. They are excited by the fact that the S Corporation is a “flow through entity” and the fact that they don’t pay income tax.
They also heard that if they pay themselves dividends as S Corporation shareholders, they won’t have to pay any Social Security or Medicare tax (payroll taxes).
Prepare a memorandum for the business owners using a minimum of 800 words explaining the following;
- What are the requirements for structuring a business as an S Corporation?
- Discuss at least two advantages to structuring a business as an S Corporation
- Explain how income from the S Corporation taxed; include in your discussion on taxation of S Corporation income, the forms (including their names and numbers) utilized in reporting income and paying tax to the IRS.
- Finally, explain to the business owners what the requirement is for corporate officers who work in their own S Corporations.
- How are Corporate Officers required to be compensated and why?
- Explain both the ethical and legal issue regarding their suggestion that they be paid in dividends thus eliminating the requirement that they pay Social Security tax.
Our order form provides entries for your order information such as the deadline, number of pages or words required, the level of assignment, and the subject area. Kindly provide your writer with as much information as you deem necessary for maximum output. Once you confirm that all the necessary details are presented, confirm the quotation and continue.
Proceed to checkout and complete payment for your order. The assigned writer will receive a notification and begin working on your assignment immediately. We do not reveal your personal details to anyone.
All our writers are highly skilled in various fields. We have a library of resources that are put in to developing your essays during the writing process. You can keep track of the progress by chatting with the writer or support.
Login to your account and click ‘completed’ tab on the left to download your paper.