Please post thoughtful responses and comments to the following questions.
- Watch the video ‘Sociological Research’ on the Week 3 Videos and read Chapter 2. Sociological Research on the Week 2 Learning Resources. Explain the steps of the sociological research using your own sociology topic. Discuss also your reaction of the sociological research.
- Explain the difference between quantitative and qualitative methods. Give examples of each from the sociological research (not from the Internet examples).
- You wished to understand a social phenomenon, such as what causes poverty, what kind of research do you think would be necessary? What would be the advantages or disadvantages of asking a large number of people a set of fixed questions about poverty, or alternatively, of interviewing a group of poor people by asking open ended questions?
- Distinguish between deductive and inductive approaches to research. Provide examples of each from the sociological research (not from the Internet examples).
- Imagine you are a researcher interested in the effect TV watching has on schoolchildren’s grades. Identify independent and dependent variables. How might you go about setting up a design to measure this effect?
- If you wanted to conduct research that examined the relationship between family background and student alcohol use, what indicators would you use to measure these two variables? Identify independent and dependent variables. How might you design your study?
- Discuss the role of ethics in social science research. Include in your discussion examples of research that presented ethical dilemmas for the researcher and the importance of human subjects’ review committees.
‘Sociological Research’ – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHuEoZ97BgA&ab_channel=Janux
OpenStax Introduction to Sociology 2e – Chapter 2 – https://d3bxy9euw4e147.cloudfront.net/oscms-prodcms/media/documents/IntroductionToSociology2e-OP_tbTLqMj.pdf
Our order form provides entries for your order information such as the deadline, number of pages or words required, the level of assignment, and the subject area. Kindly provide your writer with as much information as you deem necessary for maximum output. Once you confirm that all the necessary details are presented, confirm the quotation and continue.
Proceed to checkout and complete payment for your order. The assigned writer will receive a notification and begin working on your assignment immediately. We do not reveal your personal details to anyone.
All our writers are highly skilled in various fields. We have a library of resources that are put in to developing your essays during the writing process. You can keep track of the progress by chatting with the writer or support.
Login to your account and click ‘completed’ tab on the left to download your paper.