iscussion #9: The decision to drop the atomic bomb.
Critics have charged that the United States was morally irresponsible in using the atomic weapons against Japan during World War II. Were the United States’ actions justified?
In order to prepare for this discussion forum:
- Review and identify relevant sections of Chapter 26 to support your discussion.
- Read the essay DEBATING THE PAST: THE DECISION TO DROP THE ATOMIC BOMB.
- In 2005 a group of historians held a mock trial-Hiroshima: Truman on Trial.
After you have completed your readings post your answers to only ONE of the following questions.
- What are the explanations that have been offered in support of dropping the atomic bomb? What is your response to these explanations? Make sure that you provide specific support from your readings.
- What are the arguments that have been presented against using the atomic bomb? What is your response to these arguments? Make sure that you provide specific support from your readings.
- Review the trial and cast your verdict. How do you find President Truman? Guilty or Not Guilty? Discuss why you reached that decision.
Our order form provides entries for your order information such as the deadline, number of pages or words required, the level of assignment, and the subject area. Kindly provide your writer with as much information as you deem necessary for maximum output. Once you confirm that all the necessary details are presented, confirm the quotation and continue.
Proceed to checkout and complete payment for your order. The assigned writer will receive a notification and begin working on your assignment immediately. We do not reveal your personal details to anyone.
All our writers are highly skilled in various fields. We have a library of resources that are put in to developing your essays during the writing process. You can keep track of the progress by chatting with the writer or support.
Login to your account and click ‘completed’ tab on the left to download your paper.