Development of Self
In this discussion, you will begin to construct a personal identity profile:
- First, summarize findings from the Internet research in the study of this unit (the context of your birth).
- Next, identify your birth characteristics (gender, race, ethnicity, ability, status, sexual orientation, nationality, et cetera).
- Finally, incorporate the following sections from Chapter 1 of your Culture and Identity text—“Development of the Self in Context”, “Societal Influences on Development”, and “Oppression” (pages 6 and 7) into an analysis of the accuracy of fit between your birth characteristics and your birth context.
Once you have completed the work above, answer the following questions:
- Did you find favorable, unfavorable, neutral, or absent images of your birth characteristics in the media (your gender, race, ethnicity, ability status, et cetera)?
- How does your identity align with the Thomas and Schwarzbaum discussion of oppression?
Our order form provides entries for your order information such as the deadline, number of pages or words required, the level of assignment, and the subject area. Kindly provide your writer with as much information as you deem necessary for maximum output. Once you confirm that all the necessary details are presented, confirm the quotation and continue.
Proceed to checkout and complete payment for your order. The assigned writer will receive a notification and begin working on your assignment immediately. We do not reveal your personal details to anyone.
All our writers are highly skilled in various fields. We have a library of resources that are put in to developing your essays during the writing process. You can keep track of the progress by chatting with the writer or support.
Login to your account and click ‘completed’ tab on the left to download your paper.