[SOLVED] Why do students need to learn information literacy?.
Information Literacy and You [WLO: 2] [CLO: 1]
- Read Module 1 in your course textbook and At Sea in a Deluge of Data from the Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Complete the TATIL Exam (Links to an external site.) and view your report.
Accessibility Statement: If you have a disability that impacts your ability to successfully participate in this or any other course activity, please provide your instructor with your authorized Accommodation Request form from the Office of Student Access and Wellness so that he/she can discuss and arrange an alternative plan with you.
- Complete the APA Skill Check – In-Text Citation (Links to an external site.) and APA Skill Check – Creating References (Links to an external site.).
- Make a list of the different components of information literacy covered in your textbook.
- Consider how each of these components affect your daily life and your chosen career. Pay particular attention to the information literacy skills that employers expect from their employees.
- Review your TATIL exam report and consider how the information provided there relates to the information you read in Module 1 of your textbook. Think about how you can implement your personal recommendations from the report.
- Explain your understanding of information literacy. Choose three example concepts or skills from Module 1 of your course textbook and explain how these concepts illustrate your understanding. Be sure to cite your course textbook.
- Explain how these concepts apply to you as a college student. Why do students need to learn information literacy?
- Explain why these concepts apply to your personal or professional life and how you will apply them.
Your initial post must be at least 350 words and address all of the prompt’s elements.
You must cite and reference any sources that you use in your posts, including your textbook or any other sources of information that you use. Please refer to the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) and Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) for help with citing and referencing your sources.
[SOLVED] Why do students need to learn information literacy?