[SOLVED] Strategic Workforce Planning. Strategic Workforce Planning [WLO: 2] [CLOs: 2, 3]Twitter
Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read Chapter 10 in Applied Psychology in Talent Management. (attached below)
- Read the 3 Keys to Closing Workforce Planning Gaps article.
- Review the Strategic Workforce Planning—A Vital Business Activityarticle. (attached below)
- Watch the KellyOCG—Strategic Workforce Planning (Links to an external site.) video.
The purpose of workforce planning is to anticipate needs, set priorities, and allocate scarce organizational resources (Cascio & Aguinis, 2019). Consider that you are the vice-president responsible for talent acquisition of a midsize organization located in the United States. You have been tasked with presenting a forecast of what the organization will need to hire within the next 12 months. Incorporate the four components of workforce planning, as outlined in the course textbook, as you address the key points below in your forecast:
- How will you to anticipate needs, set priorities, and allocate scarce organizational resources?
- Is it more prudent to hire contractors or in-house?
- Which arrangement produces the highest return for the invested resource?
Your initial response should be a minimum of 220 words. Graduate school students learn to assess the perspectives of several scholars. Support your response with at least one scholarly resource in addition to the text.
Cascio, W. F., & Aguinis, H. (2019). Applied psychology in talent management (8th ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com