[SOLVED] Analyze and discuss how women, blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans, were impacted by the Depression and New Deal.. Roosevelt called his program to reform the nation’s economy during the Great Depression the New Deal. Not only did it bring about major reforms, and introduce tougher regulation of big business, it also set a precedent for greatly expanded federal government involvement in the economy and society. Some of the programs that were initiated had a lasting impact while others were struck down by the Supreme Court. Just as the depression impacted people differently, so did the reforms that were passed during the New Deal.
In order to prepare you must complete the following readings:
- Review and identify relevant sections of Chapters 23, 24, and 25.
- Transcript of Roosevelt’s 1936 radio address discussing the New Deal
- Utilize at least one of the linked sources provided in this assignment to support your discussion.
- Identify and incorporate at least one additional outside source to support your discussion. In addition to the textbook, you may use any material outside of the textbook that is recommended in the Additional Reading section at the end of each chapter. You are also encouraged to do your own research and identify relevant sources. Please keep in mind that WIKIPEDIA is not an acceptable reference.
- Debating the Past- Where Historians Disagree: Causes of the Great Depression
- WPA: The African-American Mosaic www.loc.gov/exhibits/african/afam012.html
- The New Deal for African Americans http://www2.vcdh.virginia.edu/afam/reflector/historicald.html
- The New Deal and the Negro: A look at Facts
- Will the New Deal be a Square Deal for the Negro?
- New Deal Network
- Great Myths of the Great Depression
- Women and the Great Depression
- Eyewitness to History: The Great Depression
- Library of Congress: Race Relations in the 1930s and 1940s
- Utah’s Paiute Indians during the Great Depression
- John Collier-Native Americans and the Great Depression
- Onda Latina: Mexican Americans During the Great Depression-audio program
- Digital History: Mexican Repatriation during the Great Depression
PREPARE AND SUBMIT:
Write a well-organized essay, a minimum of 700 words (but not limited to), including supporting details from the documents/textbook/other sources, in which you analyze and discuss the material that has been assigned by addressing the following question:
Analyze and discuss how women, blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans, were impacted by the Depression and New Deal. As part of your analysis and discussion, you must address the long-term legacies of the New Deal and major historical assessments that have been made of it, and if you agree or disagree with these assessments.
- Use Microsoft WORD to write the essays. The acceptable submission file types are .doc, .docx, and .rtf.
- Prepare the assignment as a Word Document, double-spaced, and using a standard font of 12 points.
- Paragraphs in an essay are not numbered. Any questions that are associated with an assigned reading are there to serve as a guide for your discussion.
- Your discussion should incorporate all of the information from the documents and or textbook, and outside sources as one essay.
- Students are required to research and incorporate into their discussions additional sources that relate to the content. Recommendations can be found at the end of the textbook chapter in Additional Reading.
- All statements must be supported and all sources must be identified and cited, and included in your reference list. This also applies to the textbook. Failure to do so constitutes Plagiarism, and the college has strict policies and penalties for failure to comply. Under the Resources, you will find links to sites that review how to format a paper or essay. I recommend that students use APA or Chicago Style to format their essay. Students should ask their instructor which format style they prefer you to use.
- Proofread your work. Make sure that you have looked for all of the spelling and grammatical errors and corrected them, and that you have organized your work into coherent paragraphs.
- Submit via the Dropbox as an ATTACHMENT. Any work that is submitted directly into the box will be graded as a 0.
Point Value: 100
- Analysis and discussion (60%)
- Support for discussion (30%)
- Organization (10%)
Reminder: All written work must comply with standard English rules, such as proper capitalization, grammar, and spelling. The assignment must be submitted by the deadline listed on the calendar.
[SOLVED] Analyze and discuss how women, blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans, were impacted by the Depression and New Deal.